Do you shoot clay pigeons? Would you like to try shooting clay targets?
If you are already a clay shooter, you will have experienced the thrill of breaking these flying discs as they hurtle across the sky. If you have still to try the sport, then it’s time to book a session it’s only once you have given it a go, you can truly understand this exciting pastime, enjoyed by thousands of people every week.
Clay target shooting was developed in the late l9th century as an aid to improving the shooting skills of shotgun enthusiasts of the era. Since then, it has become a sport in its own right with competitions from local club leagues, England Team Competitions right up to Olympic Games level.It is a sport with many variations on a theme; every clay shooter can quickly find their own personal level, be it at the grass roots informal club get together to lessons, practice or competitions at club or commercial shooting schools.
Clay shooting is an inclusive sport and everyone is welcome with the proviso that they are physically capable of handling a suitable shotgun. Ladies and Junior shooting participation is seeing an exciting increase. The rise of disabled shooting also continues apace. Families are being seen around the grounds and shoots to make it a real family day out.
If you would like to know more about this growing outdoor sport, please feel free to contact the CPSA at: The Clay Pigeon Shooting Association Tel: 01483 485400 Email [email protected]
Web: www.cpsa.co.uk Edmonton House, National Shooting Centre, Brookwood, Woking, Surrey GU24 0NP. Or follow us on Facebook On the CPSA website you are able to search for clubs and grounds, coaches and instructors and general information that will help you to enjoy the sport.
About the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association (CPSA)
Founded in 1928, the CPSA is the national governing body for clay target shooting in England, supporting clay target shooting enthusiasts across the UK. As an association they promote the highest standards of excellence in every aspect of our sport. Open to all who want to learn, develop or use their skills to compete at every level; their members are backed by over 85 years of unrivalled understanding and expertise. The CPSA regulates the standards of safety and competition at 450 affiliated and registered grounds around the country, promoting and organising national championships in sixteen different clay disciplines.
Benifits of membership
For as little as £24.00 per year. There are many benefits in becoming a member, including:
1. Public liability insurance for up to £10 million for any single accident and personal accident cover whilst taking part in any recognised activity - includes more than just clay pigeons!
2. Legal Expenses Insurance* for shotgun certificate revocation or refusal of renewal.
3. Confidential legal support and fire arms legal advice line.
4. Ten complimentary issues of Pull! Magazine delivered to your door or inbox. The CPSA magazine is the most widely read and popular of any clay target shooting magazine, crammed full of articles, news and tips to keep you up to date with the happenings in the shooting world.
5. You are eligible to enter registered shooting events of your choice.* Dependent on your ability, you could earn a place shooting for your County, Region or National Team.
6. Eligible to become a fully qualified Safety Officer, Referee, Instructor (L1) and Coach (L2).
7. Representation and protection for your sport through the political corridors of power. If you would like a full list of benefits or an information pack, call the team on 01483 485400 or email [email protected] We are happy to help. *full members only
8. Or just click here to join now